Sunday 20 May 2018

A rug for your mug and other dining adventures


Hello everyone,
do you remember these place mats/mug rugs that were published in Quilt Now magazine?
 

I have to admit, I have completely forgotten how much I loved making place mats. They are small and quick to make and the tight straight line quilting is really therapeutic. 


 In a way these are also quite unusual for me as I didn't until recently use lots of solids and making something completely with solids is a fairly recent passion.
 

I also have a set of place mats with, wait for it ... Sandy Henderson fabric. I know, swoon right? Remember when we all went nuts over that collection? Well, I still have a little left and think I will make a quilt or maybe a table runner with it.




And then there are the single mug rugs. This one, made with Kaffe Fassett fabrics, is reversible. I used to make everything reversible and stitched everything by hand before I ever had a sewing machine, but people didn't seem to be bothered about it so I stopped. Maybe I need to revisit that? Oh and I think it's time to get my precious double sides hand stitched quilts out and drool over them again. It has been a while.

I hope you like these.
Lots of love and until next time.
Nadine








No comments:

Post a Comment